Sulphur Springs City Hall
Sulphur Springs, TX
Construction Delivery Method: Construction Manager at Risk
Originally used as a Post Office and later a library in the small town of Sulphur Springs, this 1912 building now serves as the town’s City Hall. Construction includes a two-story structural steel frame addition housing an elevator and gallery and executive chambers. In addition to cosmetic repairs to the building facade, renovations primarily consisted of restoring the building to its original design by the removal of elements added during the 1966 library conversion. Renovations included the removal of a mezzanine and the restoration of original large arched windows on the west side of the building that had been in-filled, creating an open 2-story volume space for the new City Council Chamber and Municipal Courtroom.